FTS CharpyCool™ Low Temperature Bath
Eliminate hazards and succeed with the FTS CharpyCool™ Low Temperature Bath. Suitable for all your research needs and with refrigeration up to -80°C, you can be sure your Charpy impact test results are accurate and reproducible.
Designed with you in mind, our low temperature bath is a compact benchtop appliance so that even small laboratories can benefit from the gold standard in refrigeration technology.
- Variety of applications – temperature control range of -80°C to +30°C
- Flexible – allows for a capacity of 65 or 91 specimens
Interested in Learning More?
Expendable refrigerants are costly and infamously hazardous to work with, but the self-contained design of the FTS CharpyCool™ lets you rest easy knowing that you and your work is in safe hands
- Charpy Impact Testing
- Materials Testing
The FTS CharpyCool Low Temperature Bath eliminates the need for costly consumables such as liquid nitrogen or dry ice through its mechanical refrigeration technology. Designed to be completely self-contained, the CharpyCool offers up to 8 L of working fluid volume which enables up to 91 Charpy impact test specimens to be accommodated at temperatures between -80°C and +30°C.
You shouldn’t have to compromise between size and quality. That’s why the FTS CharpyCool boasts a powerful variable speed magnetic stirrer and vortex beaker which provides excellent temperature uniformity and stability, so that you can achieve superior results. Combine this with proportional–integral–derivative (PID) control, to sustain precise temperature control to within ±0.1°C, together with a digital temperature display, and you have a low temperature bath to be reckoned with.
The CharpyCool exceeds the strict temperature stability requirements of the American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM) Method E23 for Charpy impact testing – a standardized high strain-rate test, most often used on metals, polymers, ceramics and composites used to determine the amount of energy absorbed by a material during fracture
Features & Benefits
- Give yourself peace of mind! Mechanical refrigeration eliminates the costs and hazards associated with expendable refrigerants
- Consistent temperature – built-in magnetic stirrer enhances temperature stability and uniformity to ensure reliable results every time
- Available with 4 L or 8 L baths and Charpy racks to facilitate projects of different scales
- Exceeds ASTM-E23 temperature stability requirements