Update COVID-19 - SP Preparedness Statement
To SP Current and Prospective Customers,
March marked the one-year anniversary of one of the scarier times in our collective history. SPs personal journey into the uncharted territory of operating during a pandemic officially began on March 5 with our first communication to our employees about travel concerns relating to a new virus known as COVID-19 and subsequently declared a pandemic by WHO. Little did we know what was in store and, while it is not over, we have adapted and are confident that going forward we will continue to meet new challenges that may arise.
Our facilities have been and remain fully operational, and those who can work remote continue to do so. Our sales and service teams are now able to travel where necessary and safe and, with enhanced health and safety protocols very much the norm, we welcome customers back to our facilities for FATs and other pertinent business. We are eager to re-engage with our customers as we continue to provide the quality products and services that enable good science around the world.
Looking back on the year:
- We remained fully functioning in all our plants, keeping our colleagues safe AND supporting our customers.
- We played a critical role in the battle to beat the virus by providing necessary equipment and services. Thank you to our customers who have made a difference in this global crisis.
- Our business has weathered the challenges the markets have presented, and in fact, in spite of these hurdles, significantly expanded. Perseverance and partnership won the day.
- We have hired and grown our staff, adding amazing talent to the organization.
- We continued to introduce new learning and development programs, keeping colleagues informed, engaged and challenged.
- We enjoyed what we did…
Many have been personally impacted and even devastated by the health and economic challenges brought forth with this pandemic, including SP employees. We grieve their losses and as a team we remain committed to doing our part to help bring it to an end. I am proud to lead the SP organization and always grateful to you, our customer, who places your trust in our team.